Saturday, March 20, 2010

110 Mile Week

This last week was a good week of riding, although I realized that I hadn't blogged about any of it. Well, that's not true. I did blog about my 9 times up Tabor ride on Sunday, but after reading it on Monday I decided it was too personal and deleted it. It was an amazing ride, however, and there are a few things I want to remember. One, perfect rides cannot be planned. They just happen. But, a great ride is still a great ride and climbing 2958 feet is something I am really proud of. Two, I love to climb hills. I LOVE to climb hills and Mt. Tabor is my favorite place to ride. When I was climbing up on my seventh time a big truck passed me with 5 skateboarders holding on to the back. One of them looked back at me, smiled, waved and yelled, "See you at the top." "Alright," I yelled back. Three, when I was climbing for the 5th time everyone started looking more beautiful to me. My mind was clear and my heart was glad and for some wonderful reason people looked more beautiful. I wish I could hold on to that feeling and I think that no matter how old I get that alone will keep drawing me back to riding. I was on a mission to have a ride like I had on Tabor when I did it 8 times and that didn't happen. I still had an incredible ride and I will definitely do it again.

The rest of the week was less exciting. I did some spin rides, and some stationary bike. Peter and I had plans to do a 38-mile loop on Thursday, but my back was feeling scary sore so we turned back after having lunch at the Little Red Bike Cafe in N. Portland. I do love their vegan tempeh, lettuce and tomato sandwich. We still logged 21 miles that day when we added in a 2-mile grocery run and that is nothing to sneeze at.

I felt like I hadn't really done much riding this week but when I added it all up it amounted to 110 miles which is actually pretty good. Hopefully, next week we will get in a real long ride on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment