Thursday, August 3, 2023

Perfect Winds

The winds were perfect for today's ride. They were out of the west the whole time which means that the bike path was protected from them by the small line of forest that lines the trail. I only noticed them a little when I turned to ride past the horses. There is a little section of the bike path that loops around a factory. That takes you past a field with cows and a couple of fields with horses. My husband tells a joke that goes: "Those cows are really outstanding in their field." It cracks me up and I think of it sometimes when I ride past the cows. 

I've decided that I'm done with riding my bike over about a 50-foot stretch of cobbles. I rode over it the other day and it rattled my water bottle cage right off my bike. The cage broke into two pieces when it did that so it was unusable. So now I just stop, get off my bike, and walk over the cobbles. It's so much better.

There was a downed tree that blocked almost the whole path. One my way north I rode around it, but it felt too tight. So on the way back I walked around it. I saw a rock in the trail and kicked it out of the way. I also kicked a branch out of the way. I hope someone comes quickly to remove the downed tree. 

It was a great ride today. The temperature was cool enough to need a long-sleeved shirt, but no coat. And there were hardly any other cyclists on the trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment