Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Moon

This morning I waited for the sun to almost rise - which wasn't until 8:38 because today is the winter solstice - and set out for a ride along the river again. It was cold and dry and there was frost on all the bridges. 

As I rode along, the moon was almost 3/4 full and I thought about the path the moon travels along in the sky. I lived in a small cabin for the first year my husband and I were in Wyoming and there was no artificial light. Some nights the moon would be so bright that you could almost read by it. I love to remember that the moon looks the same to my parents in North Carolina as it does to me here in Belgium. (I think it's upside down in the southern hemisphere.)

This afternoon I went to the rental place called Velo and picked out a bike for myself. It's a real beater: I think I'll call it Bruno. It's not as nice as Peter's bike because they save the really nice bikes for students. So I think I'll still ride Peter's bike when I'm alone. But if we want to ride together, I'll take out Bruno. 

No comments:

Post a Comment