Saturday, December 25, 2021

Riding Makes You Hungry

Yesterday we both really felt the effect that riding can have on your appetite. I went to the store and picked up some chocolate milk - which is a great recovery drink - and we downed a little bottle of that. Peter also had some muesli right away when we got home from our ride. I ended up having some yogurt and granola at night. The thing is that you have to balance it just right - you don't want to be overly hungry but you also don't want to eat too much. 

Today we rode a smaller ride - just about 45 minutes - in the rain. By the time we got home my jeans were pretty wet and I had to re-dry my hair. It's Christmas so it's a good day to rest and recover. 

We saw a cormorant come in for a nice landing on the river. There were also many seagulls and doves. No hawks today.

No comments:

Post a Comment