Sunday, December 26, 2021

Rest Days

Sometimes you just need a rest day. This morning I went to the gym and did some upper body weights. Then I went for a long walk around the city. I figured I'd hop on Peter's bike afterwards and do 45 minutes of riding. But when I got out there, my legs just felt so tired. So I turned back after not too long and came home. I think the gym and walking is enough for today. 

I've learned more about taking time to rest as I've gotten older. Peter used to say that I was always either moving and sleeping. But now I have time where I just relax and watch YouTube videos or write in my diaries. I also take the time to meditate twice a day. In Belgium, I've taken up the hobby of watching road cycling. There is a lot of it on the TV during cycling season (spring, summer, fall) and I find it to be very relaxing. I'm even getting to know a few of the top athletes like Wout Van Aert.

No comments:

Post a Comment