Sunday, November 22, 2009

Back in Gear

This blog post is in celebration of me getting back on my bike. I hurt my back pretty badly about a week ago and had to take a hiatus from riding. It served to cement in my mind how much I love cycling because I missed it like crazy. My back is still injured and I can't do a long ride yet, but I rode about 2 miles today to the movie store and the grocery store and it felt great. My back actually likes the position of sitting with leg movement. I had actually been doing less riding and more elliptical when my back seized up so I am wondering if there is a correlation. (I was on a Matrix trilogy movie watching kick). Nevertheless, I am happy to at least be able to do a short, flat and slow ride.

Before hurting my back and having to drive to the doctor I had gone 4 weeks and 4 days without using a car or bus. The holidays are probably not the best time to try to match that streak, but hopefully in the new year I can try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment