Wednesday, November 25, 2009

To the Top Again





I made it to the top of Mt. Tabor today after taking over a week off of riding. Last night when I was trying to fall asleep I noticed how much tension I was holding in my body. I knew I needed to really get a good workout...really sweat. So, I was happy when my back tolerated our pretty hilly ride to the grocery store and decided to give Tabor a try.
The mountains are BEAUTIFUL in the winter. Because it is often cloudy this time of year getting to see them is a treat. It felt so good to circle around the top being among the hikers and cyclists that were pausing to appreciate the view.
I'm in my second reading (in a row) of The Hungry Cyclist. He is in Mexico right and eating his weight in tasty tacos. I've been, understandably, craving a good taco al pastor so on the way home we stopped at Lindo Michoacan, our favorite taco truck. There is really nothing like a good taco al pastor, complete with its spicy sauteed pork, onion, cilantro and a squeeze of lime. I topped mine today with a little pico de gallo, habanero salsa and red salsa. The flavor exploded in my mouth as I tasted my first biteful and before I knew it I was dashing for napkins to blow my nose. A true culinary experience.
After our tacos, we hopped back on our bikes and I realized that my back was feeling the best it had since it seized up last Monday. Happy that my back likes biking almost as much as my mind and heart do, I pedaled home.

No comments:

Post a Comment